join our journey
Research shows that American consumers are paying more attention to the sustainability practices of the companies they choose to do business with—and we know it matters to you and your colleagues as well. This presents an opportunity for you to differentiate your practice by implementing sustainable practices and choosing to prescribe products from companies that do the same.
Plastic plays a critical role in the hygienic delivery and sterile protection of our products3, and how that plastic is managed is important to us. We’re dedicated to more than developing exceptional quality products that help people see better each day. clariti® 1 day is manufactured in Alajuela, Costa Rica at a manufacturing site built with sustainability in mind, demonstrating that we have a strong track record of doing so with environmental responsibility.
At CooperVision®, we’re continuously working to make a positive impact on the environment and operate more sustainably because it’s the right thing to do—for our employees, our customers, our business, and our planet. From production improvements designed to conserve water to efforts that recycle nearly 100% of the plastics used in production*, we’re prioritizing environmentally responsible practices across four key areas: water, energy, recycling, and people.
Sustainability in manufacturing is only the beginning of our story. The next phase of our journey will continue to focus on making a positive impact and improving our ability to operate more sustainably. Our approach is evolutionary, as we continually evaluate, innovate, and improve to make an impact today and in the future.
*As of Q1 FY 2018. Data subject to change.
1. CVI data on file 2020. Decision Analyst online survey with 1-day soft CL wearers in US, n=304. Top 3 box on 7 point scale
2. 2020 Survey. The Recycling Partnership.
3. Plastics Industry Association. Why is medical plastic packaging so essential? Accessed January 5, 2021. https://thisisplastics.com/safety/why-are-medical-plastic-packages-so-essential/
4. Phillipe L. The differences between carbon neutral, plastic-free, and plastic neutral every eco-conscious shopper should know. Real Simple. April 17, 2020. Accessed December 21, 2020. https://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/green-living/carbon-neutral-plastic-free
5. Amount is defined as weight. Net plastic neutrality is established by purchasing credits from Plastic Bank. A credit represents the collection and conversion of one kilogram of plastic that may reach or be destined for waterways. CooperVision purchases credits equal to the weight of plastic in clariti® 1 day orders in a specified time period. clariti® 1 day plastic is determined by the weight of plastic in the blister, the lens, and the secondary package, including laminates, adhesives, and auxiliary inputs (e.g. ink).
6. CVI data on file 2020. Sustainability report, clariti® 1 day in US.
7. About Plastic Bank. Accessed December 21,2020. https://plasticbank.com
8. Luensmann D et al. Toric lens fitting success supported by an online fitting App. Poster to be presented at NCC/BCLA 2020. Woods J et al. Validation of a multifocal contact lens online fitting app. BCLA poster presentation 2019. Retrospective analysis refraction data with OptiExpert (n=96 eyes) with Rx range +5.00 to -6.00DS, ≤ -1.00DC; ADDs +1.50 to +2.50D.
9. CVI data on file 2021; Rx coverage database n=203,946 eyes; 14 to 41 years for clariti® 1 day sphere and clariti® 1 day toric; 42 to 70 years for clariti® 1 day multifocal. Combined 82.2% coverage.
10. CVI data on file 2020. prospective, double masked, bilateral, randomized cross-over dispensing 1-week study, with clariti® 1 day and 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST in FRP SiHy wearers. N=55; p<0.01.
11. Observational satisfaction survey involving 1718 patients (new lens wearers n=1091, refitted lens wearers n=627) who were fitted with clariti® 1 day.
12. White K, Habib R, Hardisty DJ. How to SHIFT consumer behaviors to be more sustainable: a literature review and guiding framework. J Marketing. 2019;83(3):22-49. doi:10.1177/0022242919825649.
13. Veldwijk J. The role of sustainability in customer loyalty. CustomerThink. October 12, 2020. Accessed January 4, 2021.
14. CGS survey reveals sustainability us driving demand and customer loyalty. News release. CGS; January 10, 2019. Accessed January 3, 2021.